Find out more about what DIY is planning and see the diffence we have made.
Also included on this page are some of our policies. DIY has a number of policies and procedures which help the organisation to run smoothly. Go to the Policies
DIY’s Theory of Change
DIY’s Theory of Change guides all our planning and development. It has been developed through extensive consultation and visioning sessions involving DIY members, staff, Board & Advisory Group.
We have created it to help us evaluate how individual creative projects contribute to longer term impacts. We are using it as a framework for planning & evaluation. It was adopted in February 2022 & covers a three year time-span starting April 2022. It is a working document and will be reviewed at regular intervals.
The Difference we make – some recent reports and evaluations of our work:
Summary Evaluation of DIY’s 4 x 8 Inclusive Music Programme.
The central idea behind the 4 x 8 programme was that musicians interested in developing their inclusive practice would work collaboratively with DIY leaders with learning disabilities. Funded by Youth Music, the programme was completed in 2023.
Recent Impact Reports:
Earlier Impact Reports
An Evaluation of DIY’s Passing the Baton Programme.
Passing the Baton was a 3 year DIY programme, funded by the National Lottery Community Fund, which ended in 2022.
View the Passing the Baton Programme evaluation in PDF format
Some of DIY’s Policies and Procedures
Easy Read copies of our Policies:
- Anti-Bullying and Harrassment Policy – Easy Read PDF
- Code of Conduct – Easy Read PDF
- Complaints Policy – Easy Read PDF
- Environment and Sustainability Policy – Easy Read PDF
- Equality Policy – Easy Read PDF
- Health and Safety Policy – Easy Read PDF
- Safeguarding Policy – Easy Read PDF
- Volunteer Policy – Easy Read PDF
Long versions of DIY’s Policies
- Bullying and Harrasment Policy – long version PDF
- Complaints Policy and Procedure – long version PDF
- Environmental Sustainability Policy – long version PDF
- Equality and Diversity Policy – long version PDF
- Financial Policy and Procedures – long version PDF
- Health and Safety Policy – long version PDF
- Safeguarding Children Policy – long version PDF
- Safeguarding Adults – Policy and Procedures – long version PDF
- Volunteer Policy – long version PDF