DIY’s artistic vision
Our vision is for a world where performers and arts leaders with learning disabilities are valued as part of the rich diversity of our cultural sector and our society.
We aim to:
- Challenge preconceptions and barriers experienced by people with learning disabilities through high quality performance, education projects and research.
- Celebrate diversity and creativity in all areas of our work.
- Promote the achievements of performers and theatre-makers with learning disabilities and share good practice.
To do this we offer:
- Original performances which tour schools, colleges and theatres.
- Drama projects with schools, colleges and youth organisations including accredited Arts Award projects at Discover, Explore, Bronze and Silver levels.
- Regular creative workshops and courses for adults with learning disabilities.
- Training for Arts Award advisers, universities and practitioners.
- Bespoke consultancy and training