Create and Connect with DIY
We’re staying safe at home – but that doesn’t mean we can’t Create + Connect!
What does a theatre company do when we can’t meet together to make theatre? The answer is, we try to find other ways of collaborating. Here are some of the things we’ve been doing since the government said we should stay home:
- DIY members and participants have been voting for their favourite name and logo for DIY’s new “outreach” project. The votes have been counted and we can reveal the new name is ‘Create + Connect!’ Do you like our new logo?
- We’ve been sending out resource packs each week to members with suggestions of creative activities to do at home.
- We’ve been setting up collaborative textiles and song-making projects.
- We have set up a closed Facebook Group for DIY members so that we have a safe space to share ideas and express what’s important to us.
- DIY are now on Youtube with our own channel!
- DIY staff have been contacting all our members and regular participants every week to check in with everybody and to find out the best ways of communicating with each-other.
Launching our new ‘Create + Connect!’ resource page!
DIY now have a new ‘Create & Connect!’ section on our website. Here you can find lots of resources we’ve made to help us all stay creative while we’re stuck at home. Keep revisiting this page as we will be adding to it on a regular basis with a range of creative activities for us all to do and share. We will also be adding links to resources being produced by other organisations and artists.
More ideas and resources
As well as adding more resources to our website, we will be sending out another creative resource pack this week – on a “Circus” theme. DIY workers will be in touch with all our members and regular participants again – staying connected!