Working with adults with learning disabilities
New Skills, New Choices
Thursdays – 10.30am to 12noon – using Zoom.
DIY BUD’s New Skills, New Choices is a drama course for anyone in Salford with a learning Disability, not in work, who wants to develop their skills and experiences.
Contact DIY on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in joining us.
During the Autumn Term our theme will be “My Skills”
- Are you interested in developing your creative skills?
- Do you want to increase your social and group-work skills?
- Do you want to improve your confidence?
- Do you want to develop skills and experiences which will move you further towards the workplace?
New Skills, New Choices will introduce you to new skills, boost your confidence and help you to develop lots of essential and transferrable skills
Sessions are free and are funded through the Greater Manchester ESF Community grant programme.
DIY Theatre Company would like to thank the following organisations for their support for this work:
- European Union Social Fund (ESF)
- Workers Education Authority (WEA) with funds granted by the government’s Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) in partnership with Greater Manchester Combined Authority.
Communication Through Craft
Thursdays – 2 to 3.30pm – using Zoom.
Contact DIY by emailing email@example.com, if you are interested in joining us!
During the Autumn term participants will engage in a range of creative activities. The focus will be on developing drawing, writing and educational skills. Activities will include things like making a zine, practicing bubble writing and creating Christmas decorations.
There will be weekly Zoom sessions supported by a series of Creative Resource Packs.
Sessions are free and everyone is welcome!
Our thanks to Community Learning at Salford City College for their support of DIY courses for adults.
DIY runs a range of projects and workshops with adults with learning disabilities. We are always keen to work in partnership with other organisations, so please contact us if you would like to discuss possible collaborations or projects.